11 March 2009

wish there was less cream in it, cause it was delicious...

Cold Zucchini Soup

Ingredients:
-3 to 4 medium zucchinis, cut into 1" pieces [ps, zucchinis is a funny word to spell]
-3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
-1 large onion, sliced thin
-1 1/2 tsp curry powder
-1 cup heavy cream
-1/2 cup milk

Directions:
1. In a large saucepan layer veggies and sprinkle with curry. Mix well.

2. Pour in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until tender.

3. Spoon out veggies and puree until smooth. Pour into bowl (or original pan) and mix in cream, milk and salt and pepper to taste.

4. Chill and serve.


Thanks to mom for the recipe! I made it and served it hot, so it works that way as well. Not quite cold soup weather here yet...

I am going to try it with light cream and half as much, and maybe some soy milk instead of the real stuff, so I can eat it.....if I do end up trying it and it is good, I'll let you guy know

No comments:

Post a Comment