8 July 2009

theatre thoughts

I have got to be more pro-active about my theatre going habits.

Ben and I got an awesome engagement present of two tickets to Tom Stoppard's Arcadia from Dani, loved it and got the bug.

We then made a long list of all the shows we wanted to see, and then didn't act on it, forgetting that the shows do have time limits.

We most likely have already missed out on seeing Rowen Atkinson in Oliver! (his run ends 18 July, I called the box office yesterday and they are sold out through the 20th. Ben is going to see if we can get day of tickets just in case, but I do not think our chances are very high), and have yet to make a dent into any other part of our list.

But the reformation has started! Spurred on by Sam, we have booked tickets to go see Waiting for Godot with Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart. And good thing too, as that show's run ends 8 August (the earliest tickets we could find were 28 July...almost missed out on that one too).

But now I am determined. We will go to the theatre much more often! It seems ridiculous to be living in London and not take advantage of the West End.

Will keep you updated on my new quest...

No comments:

Post a Comment