20 May 2010

some morning commute observations

1. thank goodness for bendy buses. ideal for when you know your oyster is tapped and you just don't have the energy (or money) to walk down the street to the shop to top it up at 7:30 in the morning.

2. saw a woman painting her fingernails on the bus this morning. bold.

3. tookanother stab at it. still can't read a book on a moving vehicle. shame.

4. watching people walk by on the sidewalk from the window of the bus completely stopped due to excessive (in my opinion) construction works at Angel, I have come to the realization that the ornate strappy sandals I thought I found utterly ridiculous, I actually rather like. who knew.

5. also, I covet anything anybody is wearing/holding that has polka dots on it.


some mid-day observations

1. I forgot just how evil new versions of autocad are. non-compatible, not at all user friendly, especially if you are used to another version. bunch of bastards, those people at autodesk.

2. also forgot just how quickly the time goes when you are actually working on something you like (or like well enough) instead of doing everything in your power to get absolutely no work done at all. it's kinda nice.

3. is there anything better than the post-lunch cup of tea? I think not.

4. I have had "Walking on Sunshine" (the glee version, for those who are curious) stuck in my head all day. the weather is finally starting to comply.

5. church bells are the bestest.

No comments:

Post a Comment