16 August 2010

.
today marks the beginning of my last week of work here in london (at least for now) before we fly back to the east coast at the end of the month. (by the way, you have no idea how happy the phrase "last monday I have to go into work for a month" makes me.) and even though next week marks the very last week here in london, I am kinda of looking forward to it. for one thing, there will be no alarm clocks, things will be done on my schedule and I don't have to deal with any tourists at baker street. (going to gloss over the whole have to pack up two years work of stuff into two bags for the moment.)

we haven't had a proper holiday in quite a while. the last time we left london, it was to fly back to the states for a family wedding, and even though we were over there for a week, any trip that revolves around family and trying to see as many friends as humanly possible in the insanely short period of time you have is not exactly relaxing (no matter how much you love them).

which is why I am going to ask, nay, insist of ben that we spend at least one of the days we are going to be in northern nh with his folks be spent sleeping on the rocks by the river.


[forgive the stock photo. results were surprisingly scarce in the whole 30 seconds I devoted to googling "sleeping on a rock by the river"]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment