28 October 2009

finally got running!

so finally got around to running home from work last night! The stars aligned where I both had my running stuff with me and I could leave work on time.

It wasn't too bad actually. I mean, there was definitely a point bout 3/5 of the way through where I really wanted to just walk a block or two, but I made myself keep going figuring that would be easier than stopping and starting a lot. You lose your momentum that way. Even just the few times I had to stop for traffic made it a bit choppy right afterwards.

I desperately need a new running bag though. I am using one of those one strap-diagonal across your chest back packs, which is fine for walking, but wicked uncomfortable for running. It won't stay in one place unless you tighten it a lot, but then it chokes you. And it is always rubbing up against your neck. So, on the lookout for a new bag! A proper normal backpack.

Just checked with Google maps, it's a bit more than a 4 mile run, so not bad. Not bad at all.

If I can keep this up, I may get into some sort of shape yet!
Plus, it shaves a good 25 minutes off my commute time.

No comments:

Post a Comment