12 October 2010

.
10 Things I Learned This Weekend:

1. rivers and fall foliage are a pretty good base for a relaxing weekend.

2. if there is a sink full of dishes my mother will wash them, ignoring all threats of retribution.

3. fiances apparently get tired of being dragged around the fair to see all the cows. and the horses. and the pigs. and the goats. and the sheep. and the chickens. and the bunnies. and the llamas.

4. goats are feakin' awesome and I want one.

5. it is possible to see a fox, a bear cub and two moose calves. all in one day.

6. when mom yells "moose!" dad hits the brakes. very quickly.

7. mount washington got it's first snow of the season over the weekend.

8. some people in maine no longer are in possession of their front teeth. (I actually already knew this one, but my mother did not.)

9. we (and by we, I mean ben) finally figured out how to play kubb. and it rocks.

10. 50 or 60 years ago people would give out 3 packs of cigarettes (like the crayons you got in restaurants as a kid) like mints at dinner parties. my grandmother tried to smoke them, but never really could get the hang of it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment