7 April 2011

.
I want a tatoo.

I've wanted one for a while now, but never acutely enough to actually go through the process to get one.

but then my little sister got one. and I was like "well if molly got one..."
I need some gentle prodding to get around to doing most things in my life.

so!
photos of tattoos I have found over the years and really liked and thus saved as inspiration:




(there are some more somewhere, but I can't seem to find them...)

trends seem to be: monochromatic, on the smaller side and pictorial rather than textural.
they also apparently all include birds. which I don't know if its because I really like birds or if the people who get the types of tattoos I prefer really like birds.
(in the interest of full disclosure, molly got a tattoo of a bird, though hers is bigger than the ones pictured above and located on the side of her hip. I'm not gonna lie, I was a teeny tiny bit bummed when she told me cause I had been looking at birds and we all know how it looks if the younger trendier sister gets a bird tattoo and then the older not so hip sister gets a bird tattoo. I was hoping she would get something more common and popular, like a butterfly. then again, maybe birds are the new butterflies.)

placement thoughts:
ankle: when I was in grade school my swimming instructor had a vine tattooed around her ankle and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. and then I learned that is is also just about the most painful place you can get a tattoo, as it is all bone and no fat. and I do not like pain. it hurts me. (uber extra bonus points if you can name that cartoon) so that kinda fell by the wayside for a bit. but it's still one of my favorite tattoo spots. maybe if I take a couple of shots first...

wrist: have seen these around a lot. I'm a fan. nice, small, simple. delicate almost. I like it.

base of the neck: dani, my friend and flatmate over in london, has a tattoo at the base of her neck. and it just looked so natural there. simple, non-complex tattoos look almost organic at the base of the neck. it pretty much automatically made it's way onto my 'possible tattoo' list.

some more consideration and ponderness is obviously in order, but I do believe the wheels are finally in motion.

[images via + via + via]


.

No comments:

Post a Comment