13 February 2013

.

so it turns out we are in fact returning to london. at least for a little while.
visa has still not come through (nor any of the steps leading up to the visa, in fact), but we already had our return flights, and ben's boss prefers having him in the same continent, so on monday back to london we go!

however, since the visas have not yet manifested themselves, I will not have the ability to work or search for a job over there at the moment. which means over the next three months, I will have to find other ways of occupying my time.
this is what I have come up with thus far:

-continuing working with the NGO I've been volunteering with (and have been since last October), re-building a school in Haiti that got destroyed by the earthquake in 2010.

-finding ways to make our £80 a month food budget last all 30 days...

-toting our camera around the city, exploring a bit and practicing how to actually use this fancy dslr contraption we have (I keep avoiding doing this on my own, for fear that people would think that I am in fact a tourist, instead of a local. like anybody would actually care. it's irrational, I know).

-network the hell out of everybody I know so that when (not if, when) our visas come through I can find a job (and hopefully, a job I like).

-go to the museums I have not been to yet (and re-visit some old favourites).

-furthering my quest (we do live right across the street from a library over there, after all).

-catching up on a few tv shows I've been remiss in watching.

-figure out how to hang stuff up on our bedroom walls...


I know it seems like a lot, but we'll see how much empty time I manage to fill productively (instead of just sleeping a lot).

[photo mine]

.

No comments:

Post a Comment