6 February 2013

hit book number 7.

it was okay. have many more lined up in my queue that I am much more excited about. (two of them may or may not involve julia child...)

and for those of you curious how I've been rating the books I read on my quest to a 100 in a year, I present to you, my book rating system:

0 out of 5 stars: oh god that was horrible.

1 out of 5 stars: eh.

2 out of 5 stars: suppose it was okay enough, for a quick literary distraction. however, no need to go anywhere near it again.

3 out of 5 stars: enjoyed it. might even search out other works by the author. but consider that particular book checked off as 'read', and nothing more.

4 out of 5 stars: really liked it. might go out and buy it, for a future re-read or two.

5 out of 5 stars: loved it. probably am going to go out and buy it. and will read it at least 3 more times over the next ten years.

I try to keep myself in the 3 to 5 star range (what's the point of reading a bad book?), but every once and a while a 2 or even a 1 will slip in there. (my stubbornness gets the better of me sometimes, 'screw you book, I don't care how bad you are, I am finishing you, damnit! this was the case of the latest conquest)

but even my stubborn nature can be bested by a 0. I usually quit on those about 5 pages in....

.

No comments:

Post a Comment