17 August 2009

great birthday :)

Ben let me sleep in for one, with was appreciated considering how late we were all out the night before...
And when I work up I went downstairs to an entire army of origami hedgehogs! Ben had been practicing. He also gave me a couple really nice and comfy jumper wraps, a kick-ass card, a bag so we can tote our camera around the city and a book I have been wanting to read ever since I heard it was published: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. VERY excited bout that one. And Dani got me a beautiful scarf and necklace.

And then we finally got the Wii working (borrowed Alex's power cord) and so played a few rounds of golf, and then people came over for a birthday BBQ! It was great, we got veggies, halloumi cheese (how I never knew about this cheese in the States, I do not know, it is delicious), and B made some fantastic lime, garlic and coriander chicken. Add it all in a wrap and presto! yummy BBQ! They even got me a cake!

It was laid back, casual and as people tell it to me, the best saturday anybody has had in a while.
And later that night I got to talk to the family back home.

It was the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment