11 August 2009

it'll be september in 3 weeks...

...that is almost to much to wrap my mind around at the moment. where does the time go? I ask you.

ah well, things are good for the most part. the flat will be splitting up in a couple of weeks, which I am very sad about, but we are going out with a bang! had one last awesome party, had some fabulous house guests (hi Evan, Pat, Scott and Genevieve!) and Justine, Dani, Ben and I are planning lots of things to do with each other before Justine moves to Amsterdam (where we are all totally going to visit her) and Dani moves in with Lenka, Lenka's boy and hopefully Mike, and Ben and I go back to living alone. Excited about the move (and the decorating, IKEA here we come!) but this past year with the girls has been awesome, best flatmates/roommates I have ever had, and I kinda didn't want to see it change.

But things must move on. onto new jobs (more an that later), onto new flats and eventually onto whole new unknown things. scary, but exhilarating. at least I am staying in London, Bethania moved to Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago (totally going to go visit her too), and if she can make it work, we can make it work.

new job is meh. not bad per say, but not exciting, and not doing anything like the work I want to be doing. pulled a 14 hour day half-way through my first week (and missed a kick ass night with Dani, Justine, Ben, Scott, Alex and Genevieve, and still wicked bummed about that), but I am not going to make a trend of that (or let them make me). I have been leaving at 6pm every night (when office hours are up, 30 minutes later than leaving time at the Foundation, even though both days start at 9am), and I feel oddly guilty about it, as I am the only one leaving the office. I swear, all these people do is work and sleep, and occasionally eat when they are not skipping their lunch break to work...Ben hopes I get over the guilty feeling soon, and I do as well. Not a good precedent to set, but at least I am kindly but firmly letting the office know I will not be working insane hours all the time. I am more than willing to stay late the night before a deadline, have done that at all my offices and that is part of the job, but not every single day.

so that's the new job in a nutshell. We shall see how this progresses...

it is the end of summer (or what London calls a summer) and inching (centimetreing?) its way towards my favourite (sorry, automatic by now...) season, autumn, which I have to say I absolutely adore in this city. I am excited to have Ben see it. little less foliage than back in New England (tho I suppose you could say that for most any place outside of those 6 states), but still lovely. and by then I will be writing from a new flat! we have one that we have our eye on, just waiting to hear back about it. wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment