11 June 2010

half the office is on holiday, one guy is working from home today to be with his newborn daughter, and the other guy's train was delayed at wimbledon (again).

so I have the office to myself for a bit.

and do I compile the notes from my meeting last night like I should?
nope!
I am currently walking down childhood memory lane, courtesy of I'm Remembering.
all those repressed 80's memories? oh yeah, they come rushing right back!

let's reminisce, shall we?


back when they provided proper high chairs instead of just booster seats.

 my mom swears everything I made tasted absolutely delicious.

I had a happy meal toy. he's riding a motorcycle.

they're raisins! AND they sing!

vhs sitting on my living room shelf right now?
vhs sitting on my living room shelf right now.

covertly attained chocolate treat of my youth.

I am pretty sure I had that exact set...

I am kinda ashamed now to acknowledge that I read this...twice.

these were way more fun than they had any right to be.

I was her for halloween one year. wish I still had the barrettes.

ah, the simplicity of the 80's.

best. game. ever!

scratch and sniff stickers. brilliant.

my school supplies all through middle school were yikes. the shapes! the colours!

what do you think ben and I were watching last weekend?

I always made the best popsicles.

and yes, I had the entire family.

this game cannot be contained by mere decade definitions. it is timeless.

the ratio of candy eaten to paper eaten was always alarmingly high...

I kinda want them to bring these back.

a LOT harder than it looked.

I HAVE THESE!! or at least did. all three. somewhere...

yup. has this.

a staple of elementary school recesses.

I ROCKED at this game. which is ironic considering how horrible my memory is.

had this too!

my brother stephen and I used to take bets at what colour the popcorn would come out as it was popping. don't even want to think about what kind of chemicals were in there...
that said, I want them to bring it back. the fun factor was amazingly high.

woo ooo!

yup, had this.

children's books were just better in the 80's. end of story.

I had a TON of these.

gateway magazine to cosmo.

damn game...scared the hell outta me every time it popped.

[troop beverly hills]
dear lord! I actually remember this! I must have really repressed it...

I have been introducing the wonder that is the Chipmucks Christmas Song to every french person I meet over here. for some reason the french REALLY like it.

I remember getting these at my brother's little league games. his eyes were gumballs! double treats!

I want this on dvd like you wouldn't believe. this and hey dude.

you know we had these for long car trips!

oh man, I hope mom saved all our disney books with cassette tapes.

I am dizzy thinking about it even now.

you can keep your fancy new realistic video games. this is SO much better.

oh god, the trapper keepers...

also on my living room shelf in vhs form.

coolest bike accessory ever.

I remember these!

further proof children's books were simply better back then.

see above.

HELL. TO. THE. YES!!


that's it. when ben and I have kids, they are only getting read books from our own childhoods.

ditto with tv shows.

see, when you turned the know, the red plastic popped up and the burner turned "on"!

I distinctly remember getting these as favours at birthday parties.


ok, I have to stop now, or my work will never actually get done. but this will be continued! because it is just too much fun. and I haven't even been including all the tv shows and music videos.

in the meantime, do yourselves a favor and check out the whole blog.
hours of guaranteed fun and amusement.

till we meet again in 80's nostalgia land!


No comments:

Post a Comment