11 June 2010

lunch break.
I'm back.
couldn't stop thinking about the 80's.
I wanted more.
needed more.

let's get right back to it.


we had TONS of these. unfortunately, I think they all went in a tag sale bout 10 years ago. booooo.

this was SO much more than your ordinary pencil case.

are these even around anymore?

never needed a pencil sharpener!

we had these too! also sadly probably now gone. 
I used to race them. and Red would always win. cause she was my favourite.

that bird was one of the best constructed lies EVER.


ahhh, those were the days.

ri ri ri ring pop!


don't know who ever thought this was a good idea, but I remember making hundreds upon hundreds of these.
. my poor mother was overwhelmed with poorly constructed pot holders with which you really couldn't hold anything hot. 
good times good times.

ahhh, novelty erasers. I used to have SO many. never actually used to erase things, naturally...


those were the days.


I was always fascinated with the way the candy was drawn in this book. always neatly packed in stackable containers. real candy never looked like that. one of the first disappointments of my early childhood.


I really wish I still had mine. I had the small yellow one on the left with the pink and purple ears. her (his? it's?) name was butterscotch. she (he/it) was freaking awesome.


I remember these!

ben and I still have conversations about this book.


dude! I remember watching this! vividly! like, I actually still think about it sometimes! and I'm in my late mid twenties! it has to have been around 20 or so years since I last saw that, but watching it now I remembered the whole damn thing. it must have really made an impression on me. I obviously made a deep and lasting connection with crayons during my childhood. life just got SO much better with video. 
also notice the awesome old school crayon boxes.

oh! I did this too! (I was kinda a dork.)

LOVED this candy.


and sadly, I've reached the end of the blog.

but I am riding on an 80's high.

and it is fantastic.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment